The vision is crystal clear in your mind: an online vinyl record shop for music lovers who crave scoring a copy of an old-time staple or unearthing a fresh sound that could very well become a new favorite. Setting up an eCommerce store can be challenging because you have to choose your niche, gather the necessary documents to register your business, and design the ideal website. However, all of those are just the easy elements of creating that dream vinyl shop of yours.
It’s crucial right now to begin enticing customers to join in on the excitement of your recently launched business while keeping your eCommerce store intact. However, only a carefully laid-out marketing strategy can make these things happen. Creating a strategic marketing plan is difficult enough on its own, but it becomes even more difficult when your company is just getting off the ground and you don’t have the money for pricey marketing campaigns.
On the bright side, you have a number of inexpensive marketing solutions that won’t destroy your wallet, which brings us to the topic of our post today. Let’s sink our teeth into these options!
- Make an effort to increase website trafficAlthough increasing sales is any business’s primary objective, you cannot approach your cost-effective marketing strategy with this goal in mind. Prioritize building brand awareness and increasing website traffic first. Sales will naturally come afterwards.
Start evaluating your visitors instead of concentrating on your daily sales or the amount of money you spend on your pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. What page on your site receives the most visitors? Which ones perform the worst? What can you do to get more people to come to your site? The majority of the following low-cost marketing suggestions are created to assist you in increasing traffic and enhancing brand awareness. You can begin creating additional marketing and sales-oriented campaigns once you use them to increase sales and secure a consistent revenue stream because you’ll have the funding for them.
- Beef up your email listYou can start putting in the effort to market your new eCommerce site with the obvious goal of increasing visitors. Setting up an email marketing strategy is the first step. Email advertising offers a very good return on investment (ROI). The typical return on investment for email marketing is $40 for every $1 spent. Building your email list must be your first step, though, if you want to increase your ROI.
The following are some of the top ways to go about it:
Incorporate gated content
You can only access gated material if website visitors provide you with their information (i.e., email addresses). Such information usually has a higher quality, such as statistics, eBooks, and webinars. A fantastic example of gated content is a makeup company offering free makeup application tutorials for visitors who subscribe to their email list. To give your site visitors a sampling of what you have to offer, it’s a good idea to first show some non-gated content. Gated content is used by businesses to generate leads and, eventually, sales.
Provide special notifications
You can encourage your visitors to provide their email addresses by providing special notifications. You can notify customers when a product is back in stock or when new, limited-edition items are introduced.
Craft some thought-provoking newsletters
Your target market may be interested in industry advancements, future sales, interviews with important professionals, and the creation of a product, to name just a few topics that could be covered in a newsletter. After all, according to email marketing statistics, 77% of B2B businesses include an email marketing newsletter in their content marketing strategy.
Utilize lead-capture forms
In exchange for an offer or a piece of content, lead-capture forms collect information from prospective customers. A website visitor can access your offering after filling out a form with their details. These should be clear, brief, and easy to understand. Pop-ups on your website, product pages, or even your purchase fulfillment pages can all be used to offer lead-capture forms.
Promotional discounts and giveaways
Few things are as loved as excellent discounts or fantastic freebies, and your leads won’t divulge their sensitive information until they receive something equally valuable in exchange. Let’s say you own an online business that sells health-centered products, such as protein powder and supplements. To inspire people to purchase from your shop, you could enter them in a sweepstakes to win a free delicious chocolate mint protein shake, or you could offer them 20% off their next purchase when they sign up to receive emails.
Create some quizzes for social media
Quizzes on social media are entertaining, engaging, and shareable. At the end of your quizzes, provide a lead capture form or provide gated content with more in-depth quiz results. Either manually create your email list or utilize a cloud-based solution. Modern themes and delivery to the primary inbox rather than the spam folder are features that the best emailing services will offer you.
- Add a boost to your online presence Your eCommerce store needs a social media page, so creating one is not merely an option. With 4.9 billion users as of 2023, social media offers you a unique opportunity to increase your reach and raise brand awareness. To engage with your target markets, communicate your brand values, or draw in new customers, you don’t need to invest any money. However, if you create accounts on every site imaginable, find out where your target viewers are most active. Analyzing your competitors and evaluating your buyer personas will help you make a reasonably accurate assumption about who your audience is.
Sent out posts regularly
It is impossible to overestimate the value of maintaining a consistent social media presence. Simply creating a few social media profiles and calling it a day won’t cut it. Taking care of your accounts carelessly makes you appear unprofessional and unreliable, which will only drive away current and potential customers.
You should therefore continue to be active on your preferred sites as much as you can. Share a lot of updates, pictures, videos from the set, and other content. The platform and your particular target audience will determine how frequently you post. Make sure you post at least a few times per week as a general rule.
Stay in touch with your audience
You can interact with your followers on social media in a variety of ways, including through comments, tags, mentions, and direct messaging, to name a few. Utilize them to help you develop relationships with your existing customers and increase the visibility of your posts to your target markets. To take things a step further, you might think about making yourself accessible to your fans on social media and your website for any questions. Use straightforward chatbots that can deliver relevant data when you’re not at the keyboard to enable live chat help on your website and be accessible on social media 24 hours a day.
Invest in social media advertising
Social media advertisements can help you swiftly increase brand exposure, but they are not necessarily inexpensive. Using the tremendous targeting options available on platforms like Instagram, you can pinpoint precisely the demographic you’re aiming for. Your expenses will be influenced by the platform, the kind of paid advertisement you want to run, the size of the audience, and even your particular industry.
Retargeting should not be overlooked
You need to think about spending money on retargeting when it comes to paid social media advertisements. Using social media users who have already interacted with your business, this campaign type aims to reach them. They might have liked your post but not followed you, gone to your website but not made a purchase, or made a purchase a while ago and ceased engaging with your business. Retargeting has the potential to significantly improve conversion rates and increase sales.
- Give SEO some of your time Your website’s visibility is increased thanks to search engine optimization (SEO), which helps you rank higher on search engines like Google. It is the process of improving the dependability and audience relevance of your website.
Although a variety of things affect your SEO, the following are some effective practices to boost it:
One of the most important components of SEO is content. It enables you to naturally utilize your keywords, build authority within your area, enhance link building, and improve user experience (UX).
Metadata is a collection of data that explains and provides details on other data regarding documents, videos, images, web pages, and others. Search engines can better understand your content with the use of metadata, which also boosts your chances of ranking higher and enhancing site visibility.
Page loading speed
The overall UX of your site is enhanced, and your exposure is increased, by optimizing your page loading speed. Reduce redirection, catch your pages, clean up the clutter on your pages, or, even better, upgrade to a faster server if your website is running slowly.
Images might consume site resources, resulting in a slower page load. Verify the format you’re using, compress the files to reduce their size without sacrificing quality, and add HTML features like alt tags.
Your website’s authority will improve, and you’ll come across as more trustworthy if other sites link to you and yours does the same, which is something that search engines make a priority. Do not forget that SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. It won’t provide rapid results, unlike PPC marketing. You’ll be able to gradually increase organic traffic and enhance your site’s functionality.
- Begin producing important content Content is key—this is something you’ve probably heard in the past. It enhances your SEO, enables you to establish authority in your niche, and makes it easier to engage with site visitors. It also helps you establish connections with your audiences. It will, however, only fulfill those functions if it is of high caliber and relevant.
As a result, you must first determine what your website visitors want to see. You can learn everything you need to know about the content you’re going to create with the help of Google Analytics, customer personas, and a little online research.
Regardless of the subject, you must diversify your information and convey it in a variety of ways:
- Blog entries
- Customer feedback
- Tutorial videos
- Use cases
Making sure you have a scaling strategy established before you begin is important because maintaining content standards might be difficult.
- Engage in online forums and communities Online communities and forums are great locations to interact with your target demographics. Find your audiences by visiting websites in your industry and reading the comments, or by performing a simple Google search for your keyword + “forum.” Join discussions after that. Offer pertinent details, respond to inquiries, or offer advice when people ask for it. Add a link to a resource that can help those in need more easily on your website; if doing so increases website traffic and revenue, that’s fantastic. In the event that it doesn’t, you’ll still be enhancing your reputation, which will be beneficial over time.
- Search for influencers in your industryYou should have no issue interacting with influencers who are related to your specialty because the influencer marketing sector is very large. You should seek out micro-influencers with between 1,000 and 100,000 followers to keep your expenses down and guarantee higher campaign effectiveness. Generally speaking, they’ll have the highest follower engagement rates and garner more trust and support than those who have a much greater reach. They are more likely to accept brand collaborations that provide them with free products in exchange for promotions because they are still building their reputations.
- Look for related brandsAnother fantastic alternative for new eCommerce businesses on a tight marketing budget is partnering with related brands. Each brand promotes the other to their customers through collaborative videos, blog posts, guest posts, social media mentions, etc., which is often how these collaborations work. They are advantageous to both businesses since they enable each to reach out to more customers. Simply make sure that you collaborate with businesses that are complementary to yours rather than with competitors. If you offer yoga equipment on your website, you could collaborate with fitness professionals or yoga instructors. Similarly, if you sell skincare items, you could collaborate with companies that make face serums or sheet masks.
- Provide loyalty programs for your customers Customer loyalty programs can encourage your existing customers to do business with you again and promote your business. They enhance word-of-mouth advertising, promote repeat business, enhance your reputation, and eventually aid in increasing sales. Don’t, meanwhile, make the error of using your loyalty programs exclusively to reward new customers. For entering a program, too many manufacturers provide fantastic discounts, but not enough for continuing to participate. Make sure your loyalty programs offer the best rewards for your most devoted customers.
It’s not simple to market a new eCommerce store on a tight budget. Although you can absolutely save money, you must be ready to put in a lot of time. The good news is that these low-cost marketing initiatives frequently end up being the most successful in the long run because they put a premium on building your reputation, strengthening your bonds with existing customers, and providing quality above all else. Once your marketing budget improves, make sure not to forget about these marketing strategies.
Looking to integrate your POS and eCommerce site? You can rely on FTx POS to help you out. Our eCommerce platform has everything you require in one location to operate an eCommerce business. Your physical store can be transformed into hundreds of digital storefronts where you can access a variety of tools and practical features, quickly and easily set up your online store, and create a smooth experience with online ordering, numerous options for fulfillment, and a potent scheduler. Contact one of our experts right now to arrange a consultation and demo!