Attention-grabbing advertisements are an integral aspect of any solid retail marketing strategy. Whether you have a brick-and-mortar store or a virtual one–or perhaps both–your offline and online presence must be strong if you want to expand your reach, drive traffic, and convert first-time visitors into returning customers.
In order to help retailers do just that, FasTrax has made its graphic design software, AdPro, free to use for the remainder of 2020. Our software was engineered to deliver professional results. Regardless of your skill level, the advertisements you can build will look amazing and can be used for all of your marketing, promotional, and social media campaigns.
Promoting your products, services, and store brand are absolutely necessary and you’ll need to have a deep understanding of your target audience if you want to implement an effective retail marketing strategy.
Let’s take a look at what your retail marketing strategy should include once you’ve generated eye-catching advertisements with your AdPro free trial.
DEFINE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
Because you want your marketing efforts to be as powerful as possible so that consumers can easily differentiate your retail store from your competitors, you’ll need to define your target audience. You’re probably familiar with the typical demographic qualifiers to identify in order to target an audience. These are gender, age, income, location, marital status, hobbies, interests, needs, and common problems. But did you know that the more specific you get when targeting an audience, the better your success of marketing and selling your products to them will be?
It might seem counter-intuitive, but in this sense, it’s more helpful to be exclusive rather than all-inclusive, especially when you’re using your new AdPro ad campaigns online in PPC social media ads. If it scares you to be exclusive with your marketing campaigns, don’t worry. You can create audience segments for select products and services. Use these segments to be extremely specific, i.e. exclusive. With enough segmented lists, each geared towards promoting the sale of a particular product and service, you will have more success overall while reaching a broader demographic.
Here are some tips to help you define your target audience:
• Understand your current customers: gather data about your shoppers so that you know everything there is to know about the consumers who already patronize your retail store
• Study your social media analytics: the visitor analytics within your social media accounts, especially Facebook, will show you who interacts with your brand the most
• Analyze your competition: if you check out the retailers’ social media and online presence that you’re competing with, you can gain a sense of who is engaging with them, and use that demographic information to tailor your own segments DEFINE YOUR POSITION IN THE MARKET Your retail store is not like everyone else’s on the block, or everyone else’s in cyberspace. One of the most important, critical steps you can take to ensure your marketing strategy is successful is to determine what makes your store and brand different from the competition. Once you are really able to articulate what sets you apart, you can clearly define your position within the marketplace.If you’re having trouble identifying the qualities, characteristics, and values that differentiate your brand from your competitors’, we recommend that you turn to your customers. By actually talking to your current customers and straightforwardly asking them how they perceive your store and brand, you will gain insight into how you’re viewed within the market. You’ll also get a snapshot of your reputation and possibly even get a clear sense of where your store truly stands within the industry. With the insights you gain, you can create a powerful marketing tool–your advertisement slogans and taglines!Pay special attention to these factors when defining your brand’s market position:
• Identify the aspects of your brand that sets your store apart from the competition
• Define which segment of the market you want to attract
• Clarify the vision of your brand and make sure your promotional advertisement materials reflect this clarified vision
• Develop ad slogans and taglines that reinforce your brand’s values USE MULTI-CHANNEL MARKETING When you own a brick-and-mortar retail store, an online e-commerce store, or both, all of your branding, messaging, fonts, colors, and visuals must match so that your unified and unforgettable brand sticks in the minds of shoppers. FTx AdPro offers intuitive design tools that will make creating your ads with a crystal-clear unified brand appearance very easy. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of free AdPro and use our cloud-based software to build your ads for free for the remainder of 2020.Once your promotional advertisement materials have achieved a strong, branded look, be sure to implement multi-channel marketing. This sales approach will provide your customers with an integrated shopping experience that encompasses their ability to shop online from their laptop, desktop, mobile device, or inside of your physical retail store. By making your customers’ shopping experience a seamless one, you can easily increase your sales and revenue.Tips for the best practices in multi-channel marketing for retail include:
• Research your own online presence: you want to understand where exactly potential customers are engaging, viewing, and interacting with your brand
• Study insights: if you study the online analytics, you can gain a sense of the average timeline of a typical customer’s shopping journey, from discovering your brand to making their first purchase
• Start small: multi-channel marketing is all about initiating different paths for consumers to travel in order to get to the purchasing stage of their shopping experience
• Analyze the results: as your customers discover your brand and shop, track as much data as you can, and adjust your marketing strategy as you go
IMPLEMENT VARIED PROMOTIONAL TACTICS
While your advertisement and branded materials should be uniform in appearance and information, implementing these promotions online versus in-store will be different. In order to execute the most effective marketing strategy, we recommend that you develop a combination of digital and traditional promotional tactics. And don’t forget the power of cross-pollination–meaning be sure to advertise your online e-commerce site within your retail store and also use your website to direct people to your brick-and-mortar location.Let’s take a look. First, you’re going to want to define which specific marketing tactics are going to help you attract the most visitors to your website versus foot traffic inside of your retail store. Converting visitors to customers who return should be the next goal.Be sure to design your promotional ads and campaign materials using FTx free AdPro with these questions in mind:
• What times of year will your customers most appreciate a big sale, and how can you provide smartly-timed discounts that boost sales?
• Will the promotion be more successful online in your e-commerce store or will it be better in your retail store?
• Which promoted products will yield the largest return in the form of social media buzz?
• How can your strategic marketing advertisements generate the highest degree of customer interest?If you’re ready to get down to business, be sure to sign up for our free cloud-based design software, AdPro. You will not be asked to supply any payment information and we promise you won’t be unpleasantly surprised by any hidden “catches”. Once you’ve registered, you will be able to use our software free of charge from any device that has a stable internet connection. Want detailed pointers on how to build your brand visually? Check out our article Building A Brand. We also recommend you read our highly informative article Don’t Forget About Free AdPro, which will walk you through the ins-and-outs of our user-friendly design software and help you get the most out of this free trial offer.